Matchmaking Service: How To Choose One
We at Catch Matchmaking Los Angeles, often get asked how to choose a matchmaking service that is right for you. So, we thought we’d help our readers out there decide how to do so.
Researching a matchmaking service can be difficult and intimidating if you are not armed with some fact-finding questions. You should always refer to a company’s FAQ’s as well on their website.
Here are some tips for you when trying to figure out if signing up with a matchmaking service is right for you:
- Do you know how long this LA Matchmaker has been running their matchmaking service? Are they a full time matchmaking service matchmaker or do they do hair or are they a stylist on the side?
- Who is going to be doing your matching at this matchmaking service once you sign up with them? Are they just a $15/hour employee who goes through the motions or are you working with someone who has experience and are actually talking to the potential matches?
- Does your LA Matchmaker love her job? What is their turnover at the company? This shows how happy they are working for this matchmaking service.
- Do they really have a bunch of matchmaking service offices or are they just people they know in each city who claims they are an office in that city?
- Do you and your LA Matchmaker’s personality mesh, because you will be working together for about six months to a year?
- Does this matchmaking service give the woman’s number to the guy? What is the process? Or do they set up the date for you?
- What’s the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau? Any complaints logged on the company? Also, check their reputation online by searching for reviews or Google them.
- How does this matchmaking service screen their clients and potential matches?
- Where does the matchmaking service find your potential match? What criteria do they use?
Additional Questions To Ask When Choosing The Right Matchmaking Service For You:
- Will your LA Matchmaker send you a profile and photo of your potential match?
- How does this matchmaking service attract new clients? Do they spend a lot of money advertising in high end magazine, billboards, or other means and then passing on this cost to you?
- How many members are in this matchmaking service’s database?
- How much does this matchmaking service charge in fees?
- Does this matchmaking service have testimonials and references for you?
- How do you want to communicate with your LA Matchmaker? Email, phone, text, etc?
- How many introductions will your LA Matchmaker guarantee for the duration of your membership? What type of packages do they offer?
- What is this matchmaking service’s success rate? How does your LA Matchmaker define success?