If you’ve never tried our speed dating Los Angeles Events, then you’re missing out. It’s one of our most popular singles event and thousands of people online are searching for speed dating Los Angeles events every day. It’s a fun 1 hour event where you get to meet up to 10 people of the opposite gender one-on-one for five minutes each. Yes, just FIVE MINUTES! You may think that’s not enough to get to know someone, but you’ll see with our fun speed dating Los Angeles facts below that it might not be the case.
But let’s say you want to try it out. Below are also some Speed Dating Los Angeles tips you’ll need before you start dating fast. It’s just like dating but with a timer. If you’re ready to learn more, then read on:
Speed Dating Los Angeles: Fun Facts
1. Speed dating, invented by a Rabbi Yaacov Deyo from Los Angeles in 1998, is based on a Jewish tradition of chaperoned gatherings of young Jewish singles.
2. Psychologists at the University of Pennsylvania studied data from over 10,000 speed daters and found that most people make a decision regarding a person’s attraction within 3 seconds of meeting.
3. When women are the ones rotating during speed dating events, they’re less likely to be picky about the guys they choose.
4. Speed dating Los Angeles experts suggest that speed dating proves successful in most cases because an unconventional way of dating triggers a conventional chemistry between people.
5. A 2006 study in Edinburgh, Scotland found that speed dating Los Angeles dialogue concerning travel resulted in more matches than dialogue about movies/TV shows.
Speed Dating Los Angeles: Great Tips
1. Prepare your questions ahead of time.
You only have 5 minutes with each person you’re dating; sometimes 7 and sometimes 4 minutes so choose your questions carefully. You’ll probably ask about 2-3 questions per person. Ask them questions like “What do you like to do for fun?” or “Where are you from?” are great questions for getting to know a person. Not “What size bra do you wear?” or “Do you have an STD?”
2. Take the right notes at the right time.
During the first few seconds you need to write down the person’s name and a nice description of them you’ll definitely remember (blonde hair, silver watch, traveler, etc.). During your conversation with the person, don’t take any notes. Write down everything you remember about them and if you want to see them again before you see the next person. If you don’t have time, just put a happy face or sad face next to their name so you at least remember if you like them or not.
3. Be respectful
So your girl friend dragged you to this event, even though you didn’t really want to go. Don’t tell your date that you don’t want to be at the speed dating Los Angeles event. Also, if you’re clearly not attracted to the person in front of you, please be respectful. You don’t need to be rude. Besides, need I remind you, that you’re only with them for only 5 MINUTES. So be patient until the bell rings to move on to next person. Don’t be that person who has your arms crossed and smacking your chewing gum.
4. Be considerate
GUYS: I don’t care if you want an extra minute with that hottie. If we ring the bell, MOVE! Don’t make the person behind you wait. When you don’t move, not only do you lose time with the next person but the person behind you loses time as well. And that girl you are taking extra time with will think you’re desperate. When we ring the bell, finish your notes quick and move on to the next date. It’s speed dating, not slow dating!
5. Dress to Impress
Even though you’re with the person for 5 minutes, you’re still dating them. So ladies and gentlemen, dress to impress your 10+ dates. Ladies: don’t forget your make up and accessories. Guys: If your haircut is long overdue, then visit the barber ASAP. First impressions are important for any form of dating.
If you’d like to try out our Speed Dating Los Angeles Events, CLICK HERE.